1. "Oh but they look so normal"
2. "I never would have guessed!"
3. "Have you tried changing their diet?"
Thank you but assume we have tried it all!
4. "They need more discipline"
right... I hadn't thought of that...
5. "vaccines can cause autism"
6. "They never had any of these disabilities when I was young"
They did. Only people were institutionalised for it, labeled as "problem children", shunned from society, and symptoms of many disabilities were unknown to many doctors until recent years.
7. When someone apologises for your child's disabilities.
While I know many peoples intentions are good, it's not the greatest things to hear when we are a special needs parent. I would love to hear some of your alternatives!